This website is still under construction!

Crafted Serenity Network

ban appeal for AdamTrask

6 replies
Untagged users
Date: june 11th

In-game name: AdamTrask

Server(Survival/Factions): survival

Exact words that you see when trying to join CS: Griefing saph

4 days 19 hours 45 min ...

Do you believe this was an incorrect ban?: Yes.

Why do you think you were banned?: stated Griefing

What rule do you think you broke: Interacting with blocks/

griefing

Why do you think you should be unbanned?:

Here is my justification. I do admit that when i first joined the server i did grief and i did get banned because of this. I already waited the 4 days before i could come play again. Thus i already served my punishment for the first crime. I would like to make sure that i am not being banned a second time for a crime i already committed hence i already served my punishment for that offense.
Moving foreword i would like to ask that the information be brought foreword on what i am being accused of being banned for. I am sure that i have interacted with blocks and chests over the course of the past weeks and know that there are blocks that have my name on them in the block log. I would like to make a simple statement about the rule in which my case could go under.
I would like to know if my ban is because a player noticed that the contents of their minecraft build are messed up as if a player reported the grief i would be more than happy to be unbanned now and to go back and fix whatever damage may have been done. Moving foreword i would like to say that if a staff member went out of their way to report me on something that looks griefed i would like to make the case that i should not be banned because of it. It is the case of is griefing the someones contents worse than crafting a giant build in front or around the /hub area then leaving it abandoned. Leaving large builds unprotected would mean that the individual doesn't care that the items or contents are being stolen. I would argue that leaving a giant build half built and empty near the location new players walk out to would make the overall server look like trash . How do we know a player who will never rejoin the server left the contents of his build up to sit there and just look awful. This would be similar to those who half take down trees, or dig giant exposed holes to bedrock, would this not be considered griefing of the face value of the server? I would be very frustrated with the server staff if i was banned because i may have taken by accident a single prismarine block or done something minimal and was banned by a grief trap....
I Know that i may have interacted with items and do not justify griefing. I would just like to see what i am being accused of with a screenshot of some sort to work this out and i can begin to argue with my ban appeal. I am a fourth year medical student with a minor in philosophy. I hope that i am unbanned so i can go back to interacting with no one but myself in the server.
Posted Jun 11, 18 · OP
CraftedSerenity STAFF
Donate Points:
+13
CS Survival Admin
Hello Adam,

You were banned because you griefed at someones base, you did this after you first got banned. So by now you should have known stealing/griefing something that isn't yours is bannable.
Rule:

2. Do not grief, kill, steal invade or loot anyone at all. Do not take over 'abandoned' builds as users may still own it. Do not claim land that is not yours. Do not modify land that has already been touched by other players unless granted permission by that user. 
- Do not grief end pillars.

I really suggest you to have a look at our rules again. :)

Screenshot_2627_1528754420.png Screenshot_2628_1528754420.png Screenshot_2629_1528754421.png
Posted Jun 11, 18
Untagged users
can you please give me the date i was previously banned, as well provide me with the name of the player i supposedly griefed with the addition of the last time they have logged in.

Your screen shots share no relevance for me right now as i have no perspective of when they were taken. There is no way for you to give me proof that i did the griefing because they are taken separately. The Image of the nether portal could be anywhere. How do I know that you didn't pick a couple random blocks by my house and take the log screenshots of that and crop it? How do you know that it is my build and i have just replaced my blocks with different blocks. There is no date in the screen shot either. How am I supposed to know that those have not been taken out of context? If there is a way that you can solidify your evidence, or at least provide a charge or reason for my ban. The screenshot of 259.27 hours could have been taken at anytime before my first ban if you are assuming that i did grief it. I can not take this as conclusive evidence. I am only able to presume that you have taken it now and that is not my build that i have griefed... this is not enough to make a sound argument for a ban.
This is not conclusive. I expect a higher level of work from staff to prove justify my ban. I have no reason to believe that i was banned for breaking a rule. There are so many flaws given in this response. You literally posted random screen shots that may or may not have any relation and listed the rules.
If you can give me conclusive proof, i will wait out my ban. If you cannot give me conclusive proof or offer a valid and sound argument then I would like to resume my play on the survival server.
As an update, I would like to clarify that i would like both times the names of the player that i have supposedly griefed because what if i built that tree farm and those were my prismarine blocks.... with the addition of their last login dates. thank you.

I do not wish to apologize as i believe that i have added to the value of the current plot of land. The definition to grief in this case is used as "to cause annoyance" and in thus me replacing the blocks there with a block of higher value i do not believe would be considered an annoyance.
I would not be mad if someone took my car and replaced it with a higher dollar amount car that provided for more functionality as well assisted in raising my net worth.

On a side note I would consider you rolling back on the block log a form of griefing me as i would have lost those blocks that i have placed. I would be more than happy to give them to the individual, but i am unable to as you have wiped them away.

I think a better solution from a sociological standpoint would be to fix the problem at the leak of the pipe rather than to have to keep replacing the water logged floorboards.
It would take far more effort to go out of you way to repeaditly ban people for supposedly griefing the same location, as which many have taken the plunder from this spot, than to just have the individual whom has created the structure to claim it as their land and to use the server plugin functions to do so. If the issue is that they keep getting griefed then they will have to purchase more claim blocks to use to protect their land. Why is it punishable on me that they did not claim their land and that I had supposedly griefed it? I believe it would make more sense rather than banning me and others for something we allegedly did to just tell that person who made it to claim their land. here is a scenario.
If i left the keys to my car on my porch and someone walked up and grabbed them then left, whose problem would that be. If i ran to the police and complained they would say i am the idiot for leaving them on the porch. You are saying that if you passed someones car keys, you rather keep having to track down the keys and punish the people for taking them and not blame the individual for leaving his car keys in the wide open unprotected for being stupid.
I don't understand why that this hasn't been corrected.

Overall i am pleading not guilty to the ban or reasons for the ban until you can provide conclusive evidence. As well since you not provided me conclusive evidence and you can only give me remnants, bits and pieces stitched together, i would like to be unbanned until justly convicted. I believe i could be a good applicant for server staff because i understand how to form an argument as well as provide for proof of a ban in a just manner. This is my formal application for server staff.
Posted Jun 11, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 11, 18
CraftedSerenity HEAD ADMIN
Donate Points:
+147
Admins
Online on Site
CS Head-Admin
CS Skyblock Admin
Hello!

I am stepping in here since I am the staff member who banned you the first time for grief.

First and foremost, we are not going to give you the name of the players you griefed. Consider this being our way to protect the victims. We have the logs of who placed the items prior to your removal, and we have the complaint from one of the victims about their area being griefed by you. We are not obligated to provide you with the entire block history, but please know, that my staff team reviews every reported griefing situation to make sure it is not just friends bickering (in both instances, it was not a friend situation).

I have looked over both griefing bans for you, went back to both areas, and read over the logs. The interesting thing to me is you were originally banned on May 26th for grief, spent three days off the server (see that? THREE days, not five like you previously claimed -- if you reviewed our rules and punishments, you'd know the first offense is three days). The second offense occurred within 72 hours of your return to the server. So it was indeed a brand new grievance.

Since you are so determined to prove your innocence, I have been reviewing your interactions on our server and am not surprised that you have enjoyed stealing from unclaimed properties for quite a while now. Since you are now blaming the victims for not claiming their areas, I assume you walk around in public checking for unlocked vehicles and homes to steal from. I mean, that is the same thing right? Not locked, not claimed, means you can help yourself?

All evidence has been handed over to the owner of the server for review. My staff team has provided sufficient evidence for your second ban, and ultimately the detailed package of information will be reviewed. My advice to you is to sit patiently and wait for a review.

I appreciate your response to your ban, and also find your underhanded insults to our staff team. But fear not, you will never, ever be a member of our team.

Have an excellent day.
Posted Jun 12, 18
Untagged users
If you cannot provide the players name you are charging me of griefing then how can you charge me to a crime when you are unable to say who i offended. If you are unable to place this evidence then you are not able to press charges.
ex. an individual is charged for battery assault, but the plaintiff is unable to provide who he assaulted how would charges be pressed?
As well you still have not provided the appropriate and permissible evidence that links me to the crime. A crime cannot be committed without substantial evidence.
Ex an individual is charged of theft, but on the basis of word alone. no evidence was presented to link the case to the individual. He just looks like someone would steal.
As well you cannot fully charge someone of a crime based on what their perceivable actions are. You mentioned that I walk around exploring the server and i am sure that others on the server display the same tendencies. Why is this an isolated case. You mentioned that i have as well stolen from multiple properties, but yet again i do not see evidence presented in which i am being seen taking or steal. Or proof that i have stolen.
As well i have the right of law to review any and all evidence before trial or charges are pressed and i have not been given that right. I believe that this punishment should be waived as my rights were upheld.
So far all you have done is verbally accused me. I can verbally accuse my neighbor of murder, but without the proper evidence to back it up he won't be punished.
I would like to see at least a better case presented from this server staff that would not allow for staff to abuse their power against the members of the server.
Is there a more experienced staff member to take care of my situation?
Posted Jun 12, 18 · OP
CraftedSerenity HEAD ADMIN
Donate Points:
+147
Admins
Online on Site
CS Head-Admin
CS Skyblock Admin
Hello Adam,

While we do appreciate your interpretation of our rules, CSMC has made their rules pretty self-explanatory so that there should be no question on a player interaction on the server and potential punishments. Since you seem to feel you are still a victim in all of this, I will try and break it down even further for you to understand.

1) SaphiraCat provided you with a screenshot showing where you removed blocks from a build that was not yours. The coordinates for the grief are actually in the screenshot (please see the previously posted screenshot with the XYZ coordinates clearly visible). Are you the builder? No. Did you have permission to remove the blocks from this build? No. Not when a player reports the grief, you clearly did not have permission.

I will repeat this once more, and then you are going to move on from it: We are not going to give you the player’s name that you stole from. If they want to communicate with you after your return, that is entirely up to you. But we are not going to hand their name over to you for you to harass in the future. And we can’t guarantee that any future interactions you have with said player will be friendly. You clearly did not learn that we have a zero tolerance griefing policy in place the first time, so who is to say you would not harass a player for your banning based on any “word of honor” you may opt to give us?

2) In response to you wanting to punish players who do not claim their areas: That is blaming potential victims. New players don’t have as many claim blocks as more experienced players do to claim larger areas. And yes, there is the opportunity to buy more claim blocks. How do you know these players aren’t busy mining/farming/selling items to make money to afford more claim blocks? Seems pretty judgmental on your part to assume they are asking to be griefed because you, and a handful of other bad players, can’t seem to keep their hands off things that don’t belong to them.

3) You do not need to worry about the builds that you seem to feel are abandoned around spawn and are cluttering the area. Most of those are player owned. And while you may feel they don’t meet your clearly high standards of what is acceptable in Minecraft building, they are not yours to worry about. And if they happen to belong to players who are not active on the server any longer, they will be handled as such. Staff are aware of these builds, and the players who made them, and we are handling them on a player by player basis.

Moving forward I would recommend the following:
Unless you have clear cut permission (and again, in both instances you did not) to use or take items, do not touch. Simple as that. If it is not naturally spawned in as part of the map, it is not yours for the taking. You should have no problem keeping that in mind while you interact on our server.

As for a “more experienced staff member”, as I previously mentioned in my response that you seemed to have picked through and ignored most of, your appeal is under review by the Owner. Like you, a so-called med student, our staff members do have obligations outside of the server and handle issues as soon as they possibly can.

Thank you!
Posted Jun 12, 18 · Last edited Jun 12, 18
CraftedSerenity Owner
Admins
CS Owner
Appeal Denied.
/closed
Posted Jun 12, 18
NoticeNotices