This website is still under construction!

Crafted Serenity Custom Survival

Skyblock Suggestions

6 replies
Donate Points:
+5
Untagged users
Hello, I have played the skyblock server and I have reached the rank SkySenior and I thought I would give some suggestions to how to make the great server better. I know it is still in beta and you guys wanted to keep it simple, but here are some ideas I have had through my time playing so far.
Gameplay:
  • Make crops grow faster
    • This would make it easier to get crops for the various challenges and for example, with sugarcane it is quick to grow but on the server it takes forever and makes it more of a grind just sitting around and waiting for them to grow.

• Make mob drops sell-able
    • This would make it so they are not completely useless they are just taking up storage space.

• Make emeralds sell-able
    • This would improve the gameplay by making them not completely useless because all you can use them for is villagers.

• Adjust the cobble gen tables
    • Right now the table for it is, cobble, stone, coal, iron, emerald, and diamond. It would be nice to throw in some extra cobble variants such as andesite, diorite, and granite, then just have a villager at spawn that you can trade it to regular cobble if that is what the player wants, also maybe throw in some rare ores, redstone, gold, lapis, but have them rarer than diamonds since you can access them through mobs.

• (End) Possibility
    • It would be cool if there was a skyblock there aswell like with the nether with end related gear and end game gear inside of it, with more challenges for it.
  • Nether loot
    • The second island is a great idea its hard and it makes you work to get the challenges but when you complete it the end reward is terrible the chests are just like chests you would find in a fortress, for that much work you should be able to get rewarded for killing all the mobs.

Ranks:
  • Include more ranks
    • I think it would benefit if players had more to strive for than just the five current ranks
  • Make it easier
    • Right now to get to the second rank it takes over 1k to rankup and with how harsh the economy is that is really difficult, then the 3rd rankup is 2k, 3rd is 4k, this is extremely hard because all the money you get is from diamonds and challenges.
  • Add more perks
    • With the current ranks you barely get anything for ranking up, for example with skysenior all you get is the name nothing new.
  • Perks that are broken
    • With the higher ranks it states that "Max X island" but it doesn't give you a command to use to create another island, even /is create doesn't work.

Thank you for taking the time to read these and I hope that some will be implementable or give you guys ideas on how to improve the server!
-Relexse
Posted Apr 15, 18 · OP
CraftedSerenity CEO
Donate Points:
+14,200,574
ACHIEVER
Admins
CS Founder and CEO
Thanks for your input. Some of these are under my control. Others, such as Nether Loot, End Skyblock, and im currently discussing what is wrong with creating more than one island. It is a plugin bug and I am working with the Dev.

Things I will adjust:

Adjust the cobble gen tables.
Make crops grow faster
Make mob drops sell-able
Make emeralds sell-able
Include more ranks
Make it easier
Add more perks

Vestle
Founder of CSMC
Crafted Serenity
uisbrf6.gif
Posted Apr 16, 18 · Last edited Apr 16, 18
CraftedSerenity CEO
Donate Points:
+14,200,574
ACHIEVER
Admins
CS Founder and CEO
GENERATOR UPDATED PERCENTAGES
COBBLESTONE: 45.0
ANDESITE: 10.0
DIORITE: 10.0
GRANITE: 10.0
STONE: 10.0
COAL_ORE: 5.0
IRON_ORE: 4.0
GOLD_ORE: 2.0
REDSTONE_ORE: 0.5
LAPIS LAZULI ORE: 0.5
DIAMOND_ORE: 1.5
EMERALD_ORE: 1.5

UPDATED MINISHOP TO SELL MORE STUFF.

Vestle
Founder of CSMC
Crafted Serenity
uisbrf6.gif
Posted Apr 19, 18 · Last edited Apr 19, 18
Donate Points:
+5
Untagged users
to reply at relexse,

crops have to grow slow, there are plenty of ways to speed it up. easiest way is bone meal added manually but there are also really easy to make micro farms that can make crops grow super fast, (a stack in a matter of seconds)

Most mob drops are not useless at all, rotten flesh , string etc can be traded with villagers.
selling emeralds is nice at first but as soon as you have villagers you want to spend them on them. if everybody sells them then noone will trade them with villagers and sell enchantments. i think it is nicer if people can sell as less as posible to the shop so they have to trade/sell with eachother.

skyblock is suposed to be a bit difficult, people who normally play SB play it because it is more challeging than survival

a small end is possible , i've seen it on other server many times. it is nice indeed if people can get elytra's and kill the ender dragon etc. only thing is that you have to reset it once in a while.

Things that i would love to see.

1. mcmmo, it is even nicer to have on skyblock than in survival because everything is rare in skyblock and mcmmo gives people a change to get double drops etc if they work for it.

2. a differend type of personal nether, i've seen it on other servers that you start on a small island and when you mine any of the blocks a new one apears somewhere random on the island. that way people can make the island grow by mining. there is a lava see beneath the islands so people can build to it for lava. all mobs spawn naturally ( wither skellies and blazes on nether brick, made from rack with furnaces) zombie pigs spawn on anything . so dont need spawners , just the right block type to make them spawn

3. mobs/animals/vilalgers/hoppers limitations.

today i noticed i could only breed 10 villagers on my island, i think that is by far not enough. normally people use them to trade but also to build a ironfarm, to make a ironfarm work you already need 10 villagers. there are also a lot of differend enchants you want to have from your villagers so i would say at least 50 but i prefer 100 villagers limit. same goes for mobs and animals. when you limit them at 100 people have to think about what they need . mob limitation is better for the server to prefent lagg , i've seen it where island and nether combined was 100 mobs and that is plenty.

hopper limit of 30 is for me really low, i was at 25 hoppers the second day i played.i will try to keep my hopper use as low as possible but a higher limit would be awesome.

when i think of more i will add it here :)

Edited below

One thing i forgot..... Grief prefention! one unlucky creeper and a person can start all over. things are hard to get and if a creeper explodes next to your chest its over.

and i was reading the above again and please dont make it even easyer then it is. it will destroy the whole skyblock feeling.
to be fair i think the villager horde on spawn should be removed asap. villagers and the enchants they are trading are suppoised to be hard to get.
you should be working your way towards those thing instead of getting them from day one.

make things even easyer and people are gone within 2 weeks because they already did all challenges.
im playing two days now and im already pretty far, i've played skyblock for a few years now and i never had progeressed this fast.

most skyblock players like it hard :d
Posted May 1, 18 · Last edited May 1, 18
Donate Points:
+5
ACHIEVER
Elder
Donor
An overall response,
Skyblock is not meant to be easy. It's as vanilla as possible while also not being too difficult to obtain things such as animals or crops. Although some items are more difficult to obtain than others, there are items that can be viewed as useless to some people whereas others see it differently. Mob drops are a perfect example.
Mob drops have multiple different uses in some cases. Spider eyes and gunpowder can be used for potions, bones can be used for bonemeal, etc, etc, but some players do not bother to use them for such things. Some players prefer to trade them with villagers, and some players prefer to get rid of them overall, whether that be by throwing them off the edge or selling them to the island minishop. It all depends on the player: if they want to sell them, it's an option, and if they choose to keep them for their various uses, that is also an option. This brings me to the next topic of obtaining in game money.
Now, money was not originally supposed to be as easy to obtain. As everything is set up now, players could easily be able to rank up as long as they met the time needed to rank up. Since more generator items were listed in the mini shop as items to be sold, players have been able to obtain in game cash much easier. However, we are still in Beta and things are still being tweaked a bit, and it may take some time to finally balance everything out. For example, emeralds are not super difficult to obtain seeing as how you can get them from villagers and cobblestone generators, but I also believe that they should not be $50 a pop on the mini shop. Any player with a good redstone-cobblestone generator and a fortune 3 pick will be rolling in emeralds and wealth at some point. It's all a trial and error thing and everything is still in the midst of being balanced out.
Overall, skyblock is not supposed to be easy. There are things that are accessable to make the playing experience different for everyone. Players do not need to sell items or buy items from the shop, but it's all personal preference and it depends on the player.

We thank you all for your suggestions and thoughts regarding certain topics. These will all help us make the server better for everyone and make the playing experience something you'll forever enjoy. Thank you :)
Posted May 1, 18
Donate Points:
+5
Untagged users
Now that the villagers at spawn are gone i was hoping the limitation of villagers on islands could go up a bit?
since our gobble gens produce iron we dont need them for ironfarms but to get all the enchants we need more then 10, maybe 50 is a nice number?

and one more thing, if someone visits my island he can pick up items and open my furnaces.
Posted May 2, 18
Donate Points:
+5
Untagged users
items wont go from a chest into a hopper, i made some furnaces with hoppers to feed it with coal and items to melt but the coal and items wont leave the chests. maybe its a bug

EDIT
it was the /lock that was the problem, i unlocked the chests and furnaces and it is working now
Posted May 4, 18 · Last edited May 5, 18
NoticeNotices